Larry offers learning objectives to identify your mission, your goals, your gift, your story.
He shares his true life story of challenging obstacles, thinking of ideas and implementing them. So, what are you afraid of! You have a gift, plenty of talent, and a story. You can make things happen ….. NOW!
Contact Larry at email@example.com
Changing your thought process will strengthen you. Then you can change the community, and the community can change the world.
Bio of Larry Jacobs
Born Deaf. Never heard a thing. Never missed a beat. How he overcame adversity & challenges to survive & thrive. So can you!
Husband, Dad, Friend, Inspiration, Dog lover
TED TALKS Speaker; Professor / Career Advisor at Rutgers University
Founder of largest Playground in NJ. How he dreamt of an idea and implemented it. So can you!
Carried the US Olympic Torch for 1996 Olympic Games
Find your passion, your gift. Be the Problem Solver. Visualize your journey.
- ED.S. (Educational Specialist), M.S. in Counseling Psychology, SUNY at Albany, NY
- Professor, adjunct, Psychology and Education for 20 years, for Rutgers (450 students in class), Montclair State University Graduate School, Middlesex County College
- Career Advisor for Rutgers University Career Exploration & Success
- LAURA & LARRY – Pre-Cana Counselors on advising engaged couples to have lasting marriages
“Larry’s deafness doesn’t define him, but it so inspires others to see what you, yourself, can accomplish.” “Larry makes the point that you can truly handle whatever you encounter.” He said “If I can make things happen, so can you!”
KEYNOTE Presentations to over Half a Million people and counting: Inspirational, Interactive Speaker, presented for TED Talks ‘Making A Difference,’ Keynoted for numerous conferences!
- Founder of Kidstreet, the largest playground in NJ in 1995, in Bridgewater, NJ. Recruited 2500 residents to build it, together raised funds of $130,000 with the community.
- As result of playground, honored with carrying USA Olympic Torch for the Atlanta Games 1996
- Founder of ‘Dare2Dream,’ a motivational, interactive, uplifting program.
- Tried out for events to reach the 1976 US Olympic Trials in the mile, even though he couldn’t hear the starter’s gun. Competed in Deaf Olympic Trials.
- Received the Human Dignity Award, 2010 – top award given at Rutgers University
- Created and keynoted the huge NJ Disability Awareness Conference in April 2010, and created the Military Veterans Transition Conference for 2012
- One of the first in U.S. to have a Hearing Service Dog, to alert Larry to sounds like alarms, doorbells, knocking, sirens.
- “Blessed with my Amazing wife Laura, our faith, our families, our pups, our friends, my Rutgers Univ career services colleagues, and friendships with all of you!”
Sampling of Keynotes & Presentations :
- McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
- Johnson & Johnson worldwide; Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- Colgate-Palmolive Pharmaceuticals
- Corporate-Higher Education Colloquium Conference
- American Marketing Association Conference
- NJ Dept of Education “Dare To Dream” Conferences (they adopted Larry’s program name)
- MACCA – Middle Atlantic Career Counselor Assn
- NJ Association on Higher Education for People with Disabilities
- NJAPSE, with Governor of NJ. 350 attended
- NJEA Conference in Atlantic City, NJ
Social Services Agencies Conferences Keynoted:
- U.S. Workforce Program for Disabled & Veterans
- Special Olympics, encouraging NJ Athletes Delegation
- Easter Seals – 400 attended
- Children With Cancer & Blood Disorders Conference
- Women Helping Women
- Parents & Children Recovering Together
- Diocese Conference on Fostering Students with Disabilities
Education Institutions Keynoted:
- The National Society of Leadership & Success Conference
- Rutgers University Disability Awareness Conference. 300 attended
- Penn State University
- IMPACT Leadership Conference
- Douglass College Orientation. Keynoted to 800 new students
- Career Day Success Strategies’ co-presented with L’Oreal, Amazon.com, Progressive Insurance
- Colleges, High Schools, Middle Schools, Vocational schools. Graduation Ceremony keynoter for schools
Larry believes that everybody has the ability to Imagine, Aspire, and Succeed. Make it happen … Now!